Women’s Self Defense
(2) Ushiro-eri-dori (Back collar seizure)
a) Uke assumes natural standing posture with the distance of approximately 60 cm behind Tori who also assumes the same posture.
Uke seizes Tori’s back collar with his right hand, – thumb outside and four fingers inside, – the strongly pulls her back collar backwards with his right hand in order to pull down her onto the mat, stepping backwards with his left foot by a big pace.
b) Availing herself of Uke’s pulling force, Tori turns her body rightward by about 180° so as to face Uke, placing her right fist beside her right loin corner and facing the back of his right fist upward.
c) Tori strikes at Uke’s chin with her right fist.
Uke is forced to release her back collar from the seizure of his right hand by the strong shock given to his chin.
d) Advancing forward with her left foot a little, Tori strongly parries Uke’s right arm from above with her left hand obliquely downward.
e) Uke loses his balance obliquely leftward, then is forced to rotate his body drawing a semi-circle in order to keep balance of his body.
After then, Uke assumes natural standing posture, facing Tori with the distance of approximately 1 meter.
1. The moment Tori turns backwards availing herself of Uke’s pulling force, Tori has to strike at Uke’s chin with her right fist without putting any time interval.
2. Tori has to turn around rightward.
3. Tori has to synchronize her striking at Uke’s chin with her right fist, with her parrying Uke’s right upper arm with her left hand.
(3) Ushiro-kubi-himo-shime (Choking from behind with a towel)
a) Tori assumes natural standing posture.
With the distance of approximately 60 cm, Uke assumes natural standing posture behind Tori with a towel in his right hand.
Uke advances forward with his right foot by one pace, and simultaneously, attempts to choke Tori’s neck from behind with a towel, – left hand below and right hand above.
b) Putting her chin inward, Tori quickly turns around rightward by about 180°, then faces Uke, and simultaneously, brings her right fist beside her right loin conrer, placing the back of her right hand downward.
Tori strikes at Uke’s chin from below with her right fist.
c) Tori pushes both elbows of Uke from below with both her hands upward and kicks at the testicles of Uke with her right kneecap.
d) Tori transfers both her hands from both his elbow joints to both his armpits, and simultaneously, advances forward with her right foot by a big pace, then strongly pushes Uke’s upper body forward with both her hands.
e) Uke is forced to step backwards by several paces in order to keep balance steadily.
1) The moment Uke attempts to choke her neck with a towel, Tori has to put her chin inward.
If she is late to do so, she may not be able to turn around backwards.
2) At the time of kicking at the testicles of Uke, Tori has to push up both elbows of Uke with both hands to loosen the choking force of Uke.
3) Tori has to synchronize her pushing Uke’s upper body with both her hands, with her bringing the right foot forward by a big pace.