Women’s Self Defense
(4) Ushiro-dori (Body seizure from behind)
a) Tori assumes natural standing posture and Uke also assumes the same posture behind Tori with the distance of approximately 60 cm, facing toward the same direction with Tori’s.
Advancing forward with his right foot by one pace, Uke attempts to seize from behind Tori’s body on both her arms.
b) Bringing her right foot a little forward and obliquely rightward, then bending her right leg, Tori straightens her left leg backwards and obliquely leftward, then sinks her body.
Clenching both her hands, Tori straightens both her arms forward up to her shoulder level, placing the back of her hand outward respectively.
c) Putting her weight on her left foot, Tori strongly strikes at the testicles of Uke with the elbow joint of her right arm, placing all the fingers of her right hand in parallel with each other and facing the palm upward.
Then, Tori seizes Uke’s right wrist with her left hand, – thumb below and four fingers above, – and simultaneously, places her right hand on the inner side of Uke’s right upper arm, pointing the fingers upright.
d) Tori induces Uke to lose his balance toward the direction of his right foot, pulling Uke’s right arm forward and downward and stepping backwards with her right foot by a big pace.
As if being thrown by Seoi-nage, Uke falls down in front of her feet.
1. The moment Uke seizes her body with both his arms, Tori has to sink her body and raise both her arms up to her shoulder level in order to free her body from the control of Uke’s arms.
2. Tori has to break Uke’s balance toward the direction of his right foot with both her hands immediately after striking at the testicles of Uke with her right elbow joint.
(5) Kyohaku-dori (Threatening to extort)
a) Tori assumes natural standing posture, carrying a handbag by her left hand. Uke faces Tori with the distance of approximately 2 meters, assuming natural standing posture.
Uke unsheathes a dagger placed inside his jacket with his right hand, proceeding forward and places that beside his right loin corner, facing the blade upward.
When Uke approaches Tori by the distance of approximately 60 cm, Uke advances forward wirh his left foot by a big pace and places his left hand to the front of Uke for her bag.
b) Tori advances obliquely leftward and forward by one pace, then places the bag from above onto Uke’s left hand, however, toward the thumb side with both her hands.
c) The moment Uke looks at the bag which is going to be placed on his left hand, Tori seizes Uke’s right elbow joint with her left hand, – thumb above and little finger below, – then pushes that obliquely rightward and forward, and simultaneously, strikes at Uke’s face between her eyes with her right fist, placing the back of her right fist upward.
d) Tori gives a strong blow onto the right wrist of Uke from above with the little finger edge of her right hand placing all the fingers of her right hand in parallel with each other.
1. When Tori gives her handbag to Uke, Tori has to carry up the bag above Uke’s left hand, then places that from above down to the left hand of Uke in order to draw the attention of Uke to the bag, but she should not place the bag directly on Uke’s left hand.
2. When Tori strikes at Uke’s face, she has to push Uke’s right elbow joint obliquely rightward and forward in order to prevent from Uke’s dagger thrust.